“From the smallest atoms bloom the greatest explosions.”
Voidwalker returns in Destiny 2 and it remains the Void archetype of the Warlock class. Voidwalkers' uniqueness lies in the area of effect damage, life steal, and teleportation.
Hurl an explosive bolt of Void Light at the enemy, disintegrating those caught within its blast.
The damage of the Nova Bomb remains unmatched—wiping everything out at its point of impact. Extremely useful in wiping a large group of enemies, or attacking/defending a control point in the Crucible.
Voidwalkers can pick from one of two available packages that will differentiate themselves within their own subclass — Attunement of Choas and Attunement of Hunger. Most package skills are passive powers that complement or boost existing abilities in specific ways.
Attunement of Chaos
Simply put, Attunement of Chaos focus on damage and making explosions.
grenadeto draw power from your Super to overcharge your grenade, making it deadlier and more effective.
- You only need to power up until the animation finishes (your hand is holding the void grenade)—charging it up further will only drain your super energy with no extra benefits.
- Vortex Grenade lasts longer and has a bigger radius
- Axion Bolt will spawn more bolts
- Scatter Grenade's mini grenades will gain tracking and see out enemies.
Void ability kills cause enemies to explode.
Useful against enemies clumped together, sometimes setting off a chain reaction if their health is low enough!
Nova Bomb travels slowly and seeks enemies. Detonations shatter into smaller seeker projectiles. Fire your weapon at the Nova Bomb to detonate it early.
- The traveling speed of the Nova Bomb is slowed significantly. Enemies can match, or even out run a Nova Bomb that is tracking them.
- Useful against enemies behind cover or around corners—detonating it over their heads or let the seeker projectiles chase them down.
- The seeker projectiles also deal significant damage themselves and explodes on impact.
Strike an enemy with this Melee Ability to drain your enemy life's force and use it to recharge your grenade.
In the beta, this talent did not seem impressive. Hopefully, it will be tuned further in future patches.
Attunement of Hunger
Attunement of Hunger was not available in the beta. I will add more information and images to this section once the information is available.
Kill an enemy with this melee ability to fully regenerate your health. For a short time afterward, kills restore additional health.
Feed the Void
grenadeto consume your grenade energy to regenerate your health. Grants the Devour effect.
Nova Bomb creates a singularity which continually damages enemies trapped inside.
While the Devour effect is active, killing enemies extends its duration and recharges your grenade.
Warlock Guardians can pick one of two class skills:
Press and Hold
crouchto conjure a well of Light that continuously heals those inside it.
Two things about the healing rift:
- When you are at full health, the rift will generate an overshield for you — as indicated by the blue health bar in the GIF above (left).
- It will begin to heal you as soon as you step into it and it will continuously heal you even as you take damage while in the rift.
Press and Hold
crouchto conjure a well of Light that increases weapon damage for those inside it.
In the GIF, the Guardian deals 45 damage normally (left). While standing in the rift (right), they deal 58 damage to the same enemy. This means the rift gives roughly a 30% damage boost to the Guardians standing in it.
Voidwalkers may choose one of the three following grenades:
A grenade that creates a vortex which continually damages enemies trapped inside.
Great against stationary enemies, flushing out enemies behind cover, in tight spaces or holding a choke point.
A bolt of Void Light that forks into smaller bolts on impact that seek out enemies.
The number of bolts spawned depends on the number of enemies near the explosion.
A grenade that splits into many submunitions and covers a large area with multiple explosions.
Similar to the real world's cluster bomb-it is a bomb that releases mini bombs on detonation.
It will take new Guardians awhile to get used to the glide mechanic. The boost from the glide is dependent on the direction and momentum of the Guardian at the time of activation.
This means that if you immediately jump the second time (activating the glide) after the first jump, you get the maximum vertical boost. If you were falling and you activated the glide, the boost would not do much in terms of vertical boost but it will provide you with more direction momentum.
Jump while airborne to activate Glide and start an airborne drift with strong directional control.
This glide allow greater distances. Think long jump!
Jump while airborne to activate Glide and start an airborne drift with a strong initial boost of speed.
This glide allow greater vertical heights. Think high jump!
Jump while airborne to teleport a short distance.
Blink is a unique ability available only to the Voidwalker subclass. The direction of the blink is similar to the Glide mechanic - it is dependent on your momentum at the time of the second jump (Blink activation).
Example: If you were to blink immediately after the first jump, while standing still, you'd teleport a short distance upwards—vertically.
- To exit glide mode, jump again and you’ll drop back down.
- If you go over a ledge (dropping off) or if the floor disappears beneath you (happens often), that will be considered as your first jump. So technically, the first jump after falling off would be considered your second jump and thus it will activate the glide.
- To maximize vertical gain from the glide/blink, jump immediately after the first jump — that’s when you have the maximum vertical momentum.
- To maximize the glide/link effect — sprint, jump and jump again at the peak of the first jump. This will activate the glide/blink at the peak of your forward momentum.
Hope you liked this guide! This guide will be continuously updated whenever Bungie make any changes to the game.
For more Destiny 2 related guides and videos, be sure to follow my Twitter to be notified when I release them.
Other Class Guides
- Dawnblade, a Warlock Subclass
- Sentinel, a Titan Subclass
- Striker, a Titan Subclass Coming soon!
- Arcstrider, a Hunter Subclass Coming soon!
- Gunslinger, a Hunter Subclass Coming soon!